Skip to main content

Sometimes You Have to go with Your Heart

I am a strong believer that everything happens for a reason and that a person can learn from every experience. Many of you have been asking about my job. After careful consideration, praying, and discussing with friends and family i have come to the conclusion that the job did not fulfill what i would like to do.

many of times in our culture we want things now and do not take the time to really think about what we are doing. we get caught up in the moment. and sometimes we need to learn to think things over and analyze who we are and what we need. that is the true struggle of the transition of life after college. all through the 4 years of college we think we know what we want to do but do not really know until we get into something.

through the process of making this decision i have realized my true passion is to work specifically with children who have disabilities. that is what gives me the true joy and those are the moments i feel closest to God. by working in the special needs ministry at my church i have the opportunity to bond and be a support for those kids. something about them just get me. they do not see me as anything different but constantly shower me with love and amaze me.

i know my God is a big God and He is my strength and my support. He has used this time in my life to rely on Him and realize exactly what He has called me to. thus I will be on the job hunt again but this time is different for i have realized i do not need to worry for He has me in His hands and will provide me with a job that will bring me joy. for those of you struggling with the after college transition know that you are not alone. it is rough and you must go through the good and the bad to truly realize where you need to be. like my mom said the key is to never give up but to keep going. as long as you keep going everything will be okay. i find my strength in God alone and I know it will all be okay.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Does It Mean to Have CP?

You know this month is CP awareness month so I thought it would be fitting to write about what I feel everyday..So here we go When you wake up and get out of bed and think man my leg muscles are tight. When you walk into a store and you get the looks. The looks of curiosity, looks of wow that girl sure walks different, looks that make you feel like you just don't fit in. When you go to pay and you are struggling getting that money or credit card out and you start to blush because you know that cashier or the person behind you is thinking "that poor girl". When you are asked to repeat yourself 2-3 times because that person can't understand you and you just want to say never mind. When you have to buy new shoes more often than normal because you ruined the toe part of your shoe or you have a hole on the bottom due to walking toe-heel instead of heel-toe. When you have to use adaptive tools like a button hook. When you can't open a water bottle or you spill your dr...

Struggle is Real with Adult CP

 Here is something that frustrates me about the state of California. Basically since I was diagnosed with CP I went to CCS (California Children Services). They provide free occupational and physical therapy until your 21. This is so awesome and I would go twice a week until high school where I would do more check ins because I was becoming more independent and doing so well I did not need it as much. Now I know what your thinking...um Nicole why are you frustrated with this? Well did you noticed I bolded until your 21? This is the issue. Once you turn 21 they are like bye bye good luck with the rest of your life. It has been difficult because you get dropped off and on your own without any recommendations of where to go next in life.  Most of you know that hot yoga has been a life saver for me and has basically become my physical therapy and it has been great until...covid. Due to the shutdown it also caused a shut down of my body because my physical therapy (aka yoga) was tak...

So What Did You Do In Kenya?

Jambo!! I am made it back from a life changing trip in Kenya! I will be posting a few blog posts about stories that happened there but first I wanted to give you all an overview/timeline of what I did everyday over there July 7 - We landed at 2 in the morning! As we are all waiting to get our luggage we notice that no new luggage is coming out. Hmmmm what is wrong?? Yeah well all 90  of us lost  our luggage. Our flight out of LAX was delayed which made us have to rush to our next plane in Turkey. The airport personnel decided they did not have time to transfer our luggage to the next plan which ended up for us not getting our luggage. We got like an hour of sleep and then we had to wake up and start our day. We went to pangani which is the main school we worked at. We were greeted and had an opening ceremony from all of the kids. Then we got to take a social worker and walk around the Mathare Valley. We were able to go into one of the shanty's and pray over a sick girl ...