Skip to main content

The End & a Beginning

Tonight is the last class of my credential program! Can you believe it? Where did the time go?? It feels like just yesterday I was sitting in anticipation waiting for my first grad school professor to walk through the door. I didn't know what to expect or what God had in store for the next 11 months. However, looking back now this day is bittersweet.
The End

In these last 11 months, I have learned what it takes to run an effective Special Education classroom. I have had some amazing professors that have taught me to believe in myself and to trust that God has called me to this profession. I have made some lasting friendships where they have supported me on the days I felt like giving up. I cannot wait to see these friends get their first job as a teacher and watch them become what we have all studied for.

Additionally, in these last 11 months I was placed in my first elementary school that has grasped a piece of my heart. In that school it was where I became a teacher with the help of my master teacher and the teachers in the surrounding grades. It is where I really learned that the kids love me for who I am and respect me as a teacher. Little did I know that 11 months ago I would be placed in a school for my student teaching that would change my life forever.

Yes, these last 11 months have had there challenges but in the end I have come out of them ready to be a teacher and work with kids the rest of my life.
A Beginning

So now what? Now this is the scary part of being trapped in the unknown. I think being in the unknown is quiet possibly the hardest thing. It is the point where you must be patient and trust in the Lord. However, isn't it our society that we want everything right NOW! I don't want to be trapped and  patient but then I think those are the moments you learn the most. 

So now what you may ask? Well now I sit here at my computer checking morning and night for jobs. I apply and pray that an interview comes up. I know the Lord has the perfect job for me and in this trap of the unknown I just have to sit here, applying, and wait for the job for me (easier said than done). 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Does It Mean to Have CP?

You know this month is CP awareness month so I thought it would be fitting to write about what I feel everyday..So here we go When you wake up and get out of bed and think man my leg muscles are tight. When you walk into a store and you get the looks. The looks of curiosity, looks of wow that girl sure walks different, looks that make you feel like you just don't fit in. When you go to pay and you are struggling getting that money or credit card out and you start to blush because you know that cashier or the person behind you is thinking "that poor girl". When you are asked to repeat yourself 2-3 times because that person can't understand you and you just want to say never mind. When you have to buy new shoes more often than normal because you ruined the toe part of your shoe or you have a hole on the bottom due to walking toe-heel instead of heel-toe. When you have to use adaptive tools like a button hook. When you can't open a water bottle or you spill your dr...

Struggle is Real with Adult CP

 Here is something that frustrates me about the state of California. Basically since I was diagnosed with CP I went to CCS (California Children Services). They provide free occupational and physical therapy until your 21. This is so awesome and I would go twice a week until high school where I would do more check ins because I was becoming more independent and doing so well I did not need it as much. Now I know what your thinking...um Nicole why are you frustrated with this? Well did you noticed I bolded until your 21? This is the issue. Once you turn 21 they are like bye bye good luck with the rest of your life. It has been difficult because you get dropped off and on your own without any recommendations of where to go next in life.  Most of you know that hot yoga has been a life saver for me and has basically become my physical therapy and it has been great until...covid. Due to the shutdown it also caused a shut down of my body because my physical therapy (aka yoga) was tak...

So What Did You Do In Kenya?

Jambo!! I am made it back from a life changing trip in Kenya! I will be posting a few blog posts about stories that happened there but first I wanted to give you all an overview/timeline of what I did everyday over there July 7 - We landed at 2 in the morning! As we are all waiting to get our luggage we notice that no new luggage is coming out. Hmmmm what is wrong?? Yeah well all 90  of us lost  our luggage. Our flight out of LAX was delayed which made us have to rush to our next plane in Turkey. The airport personnel decided they did not have time to transfer our luggage to the next plan which ended up for us not getting our luggage. We got like an hour of sleep and then we had to wake up and start our day. We went to pangani which is the main school we worked at. We were greeted and had an opening ceremony from all of the kids. Then we got to take a social worker and walk around the Mathare Valley. We were able to go into one of the shanty's and pray over a sick girl ...