Skip to main content

Hardships lead to Happiness

Let's be real...Well actually I'm always honest on here. The last four months of life have been hard..real hard.

There has been so many moments where I wanted to throw in the towel and just be done. There has been many mornings where I just did not want to get up. You know that feeling where you just have this gloomy cloud hanging over you and you just cannot shake it off. I look at pictures and see bags under my eyes and this smile where I know inside I am questioning why all of this is happening. I cannot tell you how many nights I went to sleep crying and talking with the Lord about why this is happening. Why have I been thrown all these things at one time?

BUT what I am here to tell you is no matter how hard life is. No matter how many times you want to give up. No matter how deep the bags are under your eyes there is always a light at the end of the tunnel. There is always God there saying everything is going to be okay. I am finally at the end of that tunnel. Where I feel a heavy weight lifted off and I know that my God is faithful because you see you need to not give up because by you just being alive and showing up everyday can make a real difference in someone's life.

I realized the other day that even though this whole school year I have felt like a failure God opened my eyes. Lately, my students have been speaking love into each other's life. They compliment each other and they help each other when they can. They hug each other and hold hands without any hesitation. How beautiful is that? That even though the first four months of this school year has been nothing but chaos they still learn to love each other.

This week is Valentine's day and even though people make it out to be a romantic day I choose to make it a time where I speak love and show love to the important people in my life. Just like my kids we need to speak more words of love and life into others without hesitation because every time you do it is an instant smile on their face. Even in the chaos and gloomy clouds there is a way to show love and to find that little glimmer of hope. Today I am thankful that I have 8 little valentine's that remind me of the beauty of this world and to freely love with no hesitation.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Struggle is Real with Adult CP

 Here is something that frustrates me about the state of California. Basically since I was diagnosed with CP I went to CCS (California Children Services). They provide free occupational and physical therapy until your 21. This is so awesome and I would go twice a week until high school where I would do more check ins because I was becoming more independent and doing so well I did not need it as much. Now I know what your thinking...um Nicole why are you frustrated with this? Well did you noticed I bolded until your 21? This is the issue. Once you turn 21 they are like bye bye good luck with the rest of your life. It has been difficult because you get dropped off and on your own without any recommendations of where to go next in life.  Most of you know that hot yoga has been a life saver for me and has basically become my physical therapy and it has been great until...covid. Due to the shutdown it also caused a shut down of my body because my physical therapy (aka yoga) was tak...

So What Did You Do In Kenya?

Jambo!! I am made it back from a life changing trip in Kenya! I will be posting a few blog posts about stories that happened there but first I wanted to give you all an overview/timeline of what I did everyday over there July 7 - We landed at 2 in the morning! As we are all waiting to get our luggage we notice that no new luggage is coming out. Hmmmm what is wrong?? Yeah well all 90  of us lost  our luggage. Our flight out of LAX was delayed which made us have to rush to our next plane in Turkey. The airport personnel decided they did not have time to transfer our luggage to the next plan which ended up for us not getting our luggage. We got like an hour of sleep and then we had to wake up and start our day. We went to pangani which is the main school we worked at. We were greeted and had an opening ceremony from all of the kids. Then we got to take a social worker and walk around the Mathare Valley. We were able to go into one of the shanty's and pray over a sick girl ...

What Does It Mean to Have CP?

You know this month is CP awareness month so I thought it would be fitting to write about what I feel everyday..So here we go When you wake up and get out of bed and think man my leg muscles are tight. When you walk into a store and you get the looks. The looks of curiosity, looks of wow that girl sure walks different, looks that make you feel like you just don't fit in. When you go to pay and you are struggling getting that money or credit card out and you start to blush because you know that cashier or the person behind you is thinking "that poor girl". When you are asked to repeat yourself 2-3 times because that person can't understand you and you just want to say never mind. When you have to buy new shoes more often than normal because you ruined the toe part of your shoe or you have a hole on the bottom due to walking toe-heel instead of heel-toe. When you have to use adaptive tools like a button hook. When you can't open a water bottle or you spill your dr...