Skip to main content

Life is beautiful and God is good

Hi friends!

I know I know it has been quite a while since I last posted. You know sometimes life just swipes you away and you get caught up but I wanted to come on here and give you a little life update/what I have been learning.

I don't even know how to put it but sometimes God gives you opportunities that you are afraid to take to say yes to but after you do you understand exactly why He presented it to you. Ever since I moved out I have found a new joy and a new me. I have found myself in moments where I should be dragging because I don't sleep (aka Masters life) but instead I am just pure  giddy and smiling. Because how are you ever going to grow or change if you don't grasp at the unknown? When I signed that lease for this apartment I had so many fears and thinking oh no what am i doing? But as I write this my eyes are filling up with tears because now I finally see someone who is capable and who is able to be independent. Living on my own was the one area of my life that I didn't know if I could check that box off. I didn't know if I could live by myself with no one there to assist me if I couldn't open something or if I couldn't do something (I mean let's be real I even killed a huge spider or moth or whatever it was a few weeks ago). But here I am almost three months in just living out this extremely beautiful life.

They say the 20s are where you find yourself and here I am 25 and I think I have found myself. I have moved on from a person that has always had the thought of but you have Cerebral Palsy your not going to be able to do it...to oh girl you got this. If you could have a career and live on your own there ain't nothing to stop you from dreaming. Because friends just because I and my fellow CP people are different does not mean that we can't accomplish our dreams.

On another side note I have found this amazing thing called hot yoga and it has changed my life. To some it may just be yoga but to me it is medicine now. Let me tell you my muscles and body feel so much more relaxed and not so tight. I have noticed I have gotten stronger and when I should be tired I am not as tired. Additionally with my new self I am okay with not being able to do every single pose but I can tell you one thing. I have already been able to hold some poses that I could not in the beginning and its only been a month and a half.

I just want to leave you with this. Life is beautiful and God is good. If God hands you an opportunity you better take it no matter how scary it may be. Also to all of those out there that doubt yourselves stand tall for you have a God that is for you. That is waking you up every day saying hello my dear live this day for me, shine bright, smile, and no matter your doubts I am here and I know exactly what I am doing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Struggle is Real with Adult CP

 Here is something that frustrates me about the state of California. Basically since I was diagnosed with CP I went to CCS (California Children Services). They provide free occupational and physical therapy until your 21. This is so awesome and I would go twice a week until high school where I would do more check ins because I was becoming more independent and doing so well I did not need it as much. Now I know what your thinking...um Nicole why are you frustrated with this? Well did you noticed I bolded until your 21? This is the issue. Once you turn 21 they are like bye bye good luck with the rest of your life. It has been difficult because you get dropped off and on your own without any recommendations of where to go next in life.  Most of you know that hot yoga has been a life saver for me and has basically become my physical therapy and it has been great until...covid. Due to the shutdown it also caused a shut down of my body because my physical therapy (aka yoga) was taken away (

Acceptance

For those of you that follow me on Instagram or Facebook you have probably seen my yoga videos that I have been putting up. On the recent one I had a friend comment about how much she loved my openness and confidence. This really got me thinking about what a road I have been on to get me to where I am at today. Back when I was a senior in high school I got nominated the most inspirational senior. Now when you are nominated for this award you have to write a speech and make the speech in front of the whole school at an assembly. I remember when I first found out I started bawling. Like what? People think I'm inspiring? At that time I was NOT comfortable speaking about my disability. In fact I couldn't even read the speech my principal had to because I was a wreck and was far from confident in myself. Even halfway through college I was not comfortable mentioning my disability. It was like the BIG elephant in the room. It made me nervous and I thought people already see that I

A Whole New Decade

 It has been over a year since I have been on here but I thought that my upcoming birthday of turning 30 was fitting to write a post about this last decade of my life. Especially since this blog has been a part of my 20s. So I thought I would write a letter to my 20 year old self.. Hey girl, It is me, the older, stronger, more independent version of yourself. I know right now you are so excited because you just got your driver's license which is the first step to independence and knocking down a boundary that people said you could not break through. But girl that is just the start. You truly have no idea how God is going to move you to become such a successful independent woman. I know right now you are worried that no one is going to want to hire you for being a special education teacher. I can tell you it is not going to be easy. You are going to have to fight for your abilities but the right principal is going to see you and believe in you and give you that chance because here w