Skip to main content

Life is beautiful and God is good

Hi friends!

I know I know it has been quite a while since I last posted. You know sometimes life just swipes you away and you get caught up but I wanted to come on here and give you a little life update/what I have been learning.

I don't even know how to put it but sometimes God gives you opportunities that you are afraid to take to say yes to but after you do you understand exactly why He presented it to you. Ever since I moved out I have found a new joy and a new me. I have found myself in moments where I should be dragging because I don't sleep (aka Masters life) but instead I am just pure  giddy and smiling. Because how are you ever going to grow or change if you don't grasp at the unknown? When I signed that lease for this apartment I had so many fears and thinking oh no what am i doing? But as I write this my eyes are filling up with tears because now I finally see someone who is capable and who is able to be independent. Living on my own was the one area of my life that I didn't know if I could check that box off. I didn't know if I could live by myself with no one there to assist me if I couldn't open something or if I couldn't do something (I mean let's be real I even killed a huge spider or moth or whatever it was a few weeks ago). But here I am almost three months in just living out this extremely beautiful life.

They say the 20s are where you find yourself and here I am 25 and I think I have found myself. I have moved on from a person that has always had the thought of but you have Cerebral Palsy your not going to be able to do it...to oh girl you got this. If you could have a career and live on your own there ain't nothing to stop you from dreaming. Because friends just because I and my fellow CP people are different does not mean that we can't accomplish our dreams.

On another side note I have found this amazing thing called hot yoga and it has changed my life. To some it may just be yoga but to me it is medicine now. Let me tell you my muscles and body feel so much more relaxed and not so tight. I have noticed I have gotten stronger and when I should be tired I am not as tired. Additionally with my new self I am okay with not being able to do every single pose but I can tell you one thing. I have already been able to hold some poses that I could not in the beginning and its only been a month and a half.

I just want to leave you with this. Life is beautiful and God is good. If God hands you an opportunity you better take it no matter how scary it may be. Also to all of those out there that doubt yourselves stand tall for you have a God that is for you. That is waking you up every day saying hello my dear live this day for me, shine bright, smile, and no matter your doubts I am here and I know exactly what I am doing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Does It Mean to Have CP?

You know this month is CP awareness month so I thought it would be fitting to write about what I feel everyday..So here we go When you wake up and get out of bed and think man my leg muscles are tight. When you walk into a store and you get the looks. The looks of curiosity, looks of wow that girl sure walks different, looks that make you feel like you just don't fit in. When you go to pay and you are struggling getting that money or credit card out and you start to blush because you know that cashier or the person behind you is thinking "that poor girl". When you are asked to repeat yourself 2-3 times because that person can't understand you and you just want to say never mind. When you have to buy new shoes more often than normal because you ruined the toe part of your shoe or you have a hole on the bottom due to walking toe-heel instead of heel-toe. When you have to use adaptive tools like a button hook. When you can't open a water bottle or you spill your dr...

Struggle is Real with Adult CP

 Here is something that frustrates me about the state of California. Basically since I was diagnosed with CP I went to CCS (California Children Services). They provide free occupational and physical therapy until your 21. This is so awesome and I would go twice a week until high school where I would do more check ins because I was becoming more independent and doing so well I did not need it as much. Now I know what your thinking...um Nicole why are you frustrated with this? Well did you noticed I bolded until your 21? This is the issue. Once you turn 21 they are like bye bye good luck with the rest of your life. It has been difficult because you get dropped off and on your own without any recommendations of where to go next in life.  Most of you know that hot yoga has been a life saver for me and has basically become my physical therapy and it has been great until...covid. Due to the shutdown it also caused a shut down of my body because my physical therapy (aka yoga) was tak...

So What Did You Do In Kenya?

Jambo!! I am made it back from a life changing trip in Kenya! I will be posting a few blog posts about stories that happened there but first I wanted to give you all an overview/timeline of what I did everyday over there July 7 - We landed at 2 in the morning! As we are all waiting to get our luggage we notice that no new luggage is coming out. Hmmmm what is wrong?? Yeah well all 90  of us lost  our luggage. Our flight out of LAX was delayed which made us have to rush to our next plane in Turkey. The airport personnel decided they did not have time to transfer our luggage to the next plan which ended up for us not getting our luggage. We got like an hour of sleep and then we had to wake up and start our day. We went to pangani which is the main school we worked at. We were greeted and had an opening ceremony from all of the kids. Then we got to take a social worker and walk around the Mathare Valley. We were able to go into one of the shanty's and pray over a sick girl ...