Skip to main content

Ain't It Funny How Life Changes

"Ain't it funny how life changes. You make plans and you hear God laughing"...Thomas Rhett.

That song speaks such truth because I definitely made plans and God changed that all around.

3 months ago I found myself in a state of grief because my future plans all crumbled to pieces. Literally every piece of my future that I had planned out broke. I do not think anything can prepare you for grief. I think grief is a process and a journey and I do not know if you can ever really get over grief. It will always have a slight tug to your heart.

Hello quarantine and hello a broken-hearted Nicole. I have learned a lot about life and a lot about my God throughout this time. I have learned that it is okay to have some days where you just cry and don't do anything for that day except have a box of tissues by your side. I have learned it is okay to be angry as well and to express that to God. I have learned to process through emotions one moment at a time and one day at a time. That life is not always about looking to the future. I have learned who my tribe of people are and who I can count on to listen love and support me through a time I was not prepared for.

I have also learned that at some point you have to rise up, face the world, and be filled with joy again. So here I am telling you in whatever stage you may be in it is okay to go through all the emotions and the Lord will guide you to finding that joy again. So let me tell you the story of how faithful my God is.

My apartment lease in up the first week of July. So many of you know how I love my apartment and how special it is to me because it is the first place I lived by myself. My rent has gone up significantly so I was having such a hard time thinking about leaving this apartment because so many factors about my apartment just work for me. However, it has been on my heart to look for a condo/townhouse for something i can own. I started the process in the beginning of May. Looked at quite a few properties and found the one I decided to buy (this was the third property I looked at and i kept going back to it even when we saw new properties). Single story, attached garage, close to my yoga studio, closer to work (by like 5 minutes lol), gated community and so many more positives. I just kept leaning into the Lord and really trusting in him that this was the right move. Everything just kept going so smoothly that I couldn't deny that this was the path the Lord has for me and I praise him oh so much.

Life changes.

Change is a good thing.

Change shows just how strong you are.


Did I ever predict at the age of 27 that I would be buying a house by myself?? Definitely not. I am still processing where my life is at and what my God has planned for me. But for right now I am praising my God for giving me a new chapter in life and that hope is again on the horizon. I am here and I am here to continue to trust my God.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Does It Mean to Have CP?

You know this month is CP awareness month so I thought it would be fitting to write about what I feel everyday..So here we go When you wake up and get out of bed and think man my leg muscles are tight. When you walk into a store and you get the looks. The looks of curiosity, looks of wow that girl sure walks different, looks that make you feel like you just don't fit in. When you go to pay and you are struggling getting that money or credit card out and you start to blush because you know that cashier or the person behind you is thinking "that poor girl". When you are asked to repeat yourself 2-3 times because that person can't understand you and you just want to say never mind. When you have to buy new shoes more often than normal because you ruined the toe part of your shoe or you have a hole on the bottom due to walking toe-heel instead of heel-toe. When you have to use adaptive tools like a button hook. When you can't open a water bottle or you spill your dr...

Struggle is Real with Adult CP

 Here is something that frustrates me about the state of California. Basically since I was diagnosed with CP I went to CCS (California Children Services). They provide free occupational and physical therapy until your 21. This is so awesome and I would go twice a week until high school where I would do more check ins because I was becoming more independent and doing so well I did not need it as much. Now I know what your thinking...um Nicole why are you frustrated with this? Well did you noticed I bolded until your 21? This is the issue. Once you turn 21 they are like bye bye good luck with the rest of your life. It has been difficult because you get dropped off and on your own without any recommendations of where to go next in life.  Most of you know that hot yoga has been a life saver for me and has basically become my physical therapy and it has been great until...covid. Due to the shutdown it also caused a shut down of my body because my physical therapy (aka yoga) was tak...

So What Did You Do In Kenya?

Jambo!! I am made it back from a life changing trip in Kenya! I will be posting a few blog posts about stories that happened there but first I wanted to give you all an overview/timeline of what I did everyday over there July 7 - We landed at 2 in the morning! As we are all waiting to get our luggage we notice that no new luggage is coming out. Hmmmm what is wrong?? Yeah well all 90  of us lost  our luggage. Our flight out of LAX was delayed which made us have to rush to our next plane in Turkey. The airport personnel decided they did not have time to transfer our luggage to the next plan which ended up for us not getting our luggage. We got like an hour of sleep and then we had to wake up and start our day. We went to pangani which is the main school we worked at. We were greeted and had an opening ceremony from all of the kids. Then we got to take a social worker and walk around the Mathare Valley. We were able to go into one of the shanty's and pray over a sick girl ...