Skip to main content

Grand things in the Grand Canyon

This past weekend I went with my family to the Grand Canyon. I was like a little 5 year old because I have always wanted to go and it would be a check off my bucket list. Well, you know the drive to see the Grand Canyon is about 5-6 hours so I had a lot of time to reflect and think about life. I was scrolling through all of my pictures and I came across this one and I just thought it reflected my life.



Here we are..thousands of people come to this place to see a hole in the ground. To see rocks but why? The Grand Canyon is much like our life. We go through so many rocky challenges that are carved into us. We would not be who we are today without those rocks in our lives. Sometimes we are at the highest level and feel like life is going smooth like the plateaus in Grand Canyon and sometimes we are at the bottom drowning in the river and looking up at those rocks thinking how the heck am I going to get out of this river and reach the smooth rocks again.

Wherever you are in this Grand Canyon there is the beauty of God showing He is present. Look at this Canyon every single crack, color, rock, tree is beautiful. Whatever angle you are looking at, you are overwhelmed by the beauty of it. You are immediately taken back to the presence of God because only He can create something so beautiful just like only He can create such a beautiful individual like you. God is there in your challenging rocky times and you may not know it or feel it but he is making beauty in those rocky times and you will see exactly why you went through those challenges. You will look back and be thankful for that new rocky formation that you went through.

So as I go into this new year I am ready to be on the edge of this life with a smile. Currently, I am in the river not knowing why I am in a rocky season but I know my God has something beautiful He is creating through this time. I know this year I need to be BOLD in my actions, my faith, and myself. I need to shake off the doubt and negativity and be overtaken by the beauty of this life. I need to stop hating the rocky times and I need to embrace the beauty and trust my sweet Lord with my life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Does It Mean to Have CP?

You know this month is CP awareness month so I thought it would be fitting to write about what I feel everyday..So here we go When you wake up and get out of bed and think man my leg muscles are tight. When you walk into a store and you get the looks. The looks of curiosity, looks of wow that girl sure walks different, looks that make you feel like you just don't fit in. When you go to pay and you are struggling getting that money or credit card out and you start to blush because you know that cashier or the person behind you is thinking "that poor girl". When you are asked to repeat yourself 2-3 times because that person can't understand you and you just want to say never mind. When you have to buy new shoes more often than normal because you ruined the toe part of your shoe or you have a hole on the bottom due to walking toe-heel instead of heel-toe. When you have to use adaptive tools like a button hook. When you can't open a water bottle or you spill your dr...

Struggle is Real with Adult CP

 Here is something that frustrates me about the state of California. Basically since I was diagnosed with CP I went to CCS (California Children Services). They provide free occupational and physical therapy until your 21. This is so awesome and I would go twice a week until high school where I would do more check ins because I was becoming more independent and doing so well I did not need it as much. Now I know what your thinking...um Nicole why are you frustrated with this? Well did you noticed I bolded until your 21? This is the issue. Once you turn 21 they are like bye bye good luck with the rest of your life. It has been difficult because you get dropped off and on your own without any recommendations of where to go next in life.  Most of you know that hot yoga has been a life saver for me and has basically become my physical therapy and it has been great until...covid. Due to the shutdown it also caused a shut down of my body because my physical therapy (aka yoga) was tak...

So What Did You Do In Kenya?

Jambo!! I am made it back from a life changing trip in Kenya! I will be posting a few blog posts about stories that happened there but first I wanted to give you all an overview/timeline of what I did everyday over there July 7 - We landed at 2 in the morning! As we are all waiting to get our luggage we notice that no new luggage is coming out. Hmmmm what is wrong?? Yeah well all 90  of us lost  our luggage. Our flight out of LAX was delayed which made us have to rush to our next plane in Turkey. The airport personnel decided they did not have time to transfer our luggage to the next plan which ended up for us not getting our luggage. We got like an hour of sleep and then we had to wake up and start our day. We went to pangani which is the main school we worked at. We were greeted and had an opening ceremony from all of the kids. Then we got to take a social worker and walk around the Mathare Valley. We were able to go into one of the shanty's and pray over a sick girl ...