Skip to main content

You can't

When people tell you...you can't.
When people judge you for your physical disability

What do you do?

Do you give up? Do you throw in the towel and say you're right?
NO!

You fight back. 
You find your inner strength. 
You become a warrior. 
You become stronger than you think.
You choose to breathe in your identity through the Lord.
You choose to let those comments become your fuel.
You say to yourself that you are capable
You hear the Lord say "oh my dear you can"
You remember you were given this disability to advocate for others
You remember you are enough
You are differently beautiful

You know I thought the older I get the more numb I would be to when people judge me or say I can't but I don't think I will ever be able to handle those comments without a sting to the heart. So yes I might shed a few tears. Yes I may have to remind myself that I am different and that some people just may not understand. 

You give yourself a few minutes of weakness and then you pick yourself back up. Because that is what you have done all your life...You keep fighting for your worthiness. You fight not only for yourself but for others like you. If you let those comments get to you where would you be? You certainly would not be where you are today. 

So yes I may get knocked down but 
I will get right back up.
Because I know my God makes no mistakes
He is my creator and I am perfectly made in His image

Even though others may call me imperfect and not valuable.
So bring it on.
I got my armor and I will not give up
I will continue...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Does It Mean to Have CP?

You know this month is CP awareness month so I thought it would be fitting to write about what I feel everyday..So here we go When you wake up and get out of bed and think man my leg muscles are tight. When you walk into a store and you get the looks. The looks of curiosity, looks of wow that girl sure walks different, looks that make you feel like you just don't fit in. When you go to pay and you are struggling getting that money or credit card out and you start to blush because you know that cashier or the person behind you is thinking "that poor girl". When you are asked to repeat yourself 2-3 times because that person can't understand you and you just want to say never mind. When you have to buy new shoes more often than normal because you ruined the toe part of your shoe or you have a hole on the bottom due to walking toe-heel instead of heel-toe. When you have to use adaptive tools like a button hook. When you can't open a water bottle or you spill your dr...

Struggle is Real with Adult CP

 Here is something that frustrates me about the state of California. Basically since I was diagnosed with CP I went to CCS (California Children Services). They provide free occupational and physical therapy until your 21. This is so awesome and I would go twice a week until high school where I would do more check ins because I was becoming more independent and doing so well I did not need it as much. Now I know what your thinking...um Nicole why are you frustrated with this? Well did you noticed I bolded until your 21? This is the issue. Once you turn 21 they are like bye bye good luck with the rest of your life. It has been difficult because you get dropped off and on your own without any recommendations of where to go next in life.  Most of you know that hot yoga has been a life saver for me and has basically become my physical therapy and it has been great until...covid. Due to the shutdown it also caused a shut down of my body because my physical therapy (aka yoga) was tak...

So What Did You Do In Kenya?

Jambo!! I am made it back from a life changing trip in Kenya! I will be posting a few blog posts about stories that happened there but first I wanted to give you all an overview/timeline of what I did everyday over there July 7 - We landed at 2 in the morning! As we are all waiting to get our luggage we notice that no new luggage is coming out. Hmmmm what is wrong?? Yeah well all 90  of us lost  our luggage. Our flight out of LAX was delayed which made us have to rush to our next plane in Turkey. The airport personnel decided they did not have time to transfer our luggage to the next plan which ended up for us not getting our luggage. We got like an hour of sleep and then we had to wake up and start our day. We went to pangani which is the main school we worked at. We were greeted and had an opening ceremony from all of the kids. Then we got to take a social worker and walk around the Mathare Valley. We were able to go into one of the shanty's and pray over a sick girl ...