Skip to main content

Here's to a New Exciting Chapter

Exciting news! I moved out to my very own apartment! Yes you heard that right I am living on my very own all by myself.

I knew I wanted to move out this year but was planning to do it over summer when  I am on summer break (teacher perks) but you know sometimes God has a different plan. About a month ago my mom and I were on our way to a shopping mall and I have always admired these apartments that are on the way. All of a sudden my mom goes do you want to stop and go look at them. I said sure why not and we took a tour. Well my mom and I got into the car after and looked at each other and I just said it's the one. I really like it. The next day I went back and looked for the exact apartment I wanted and applied for the apartment. About 3 days later I got notified the apartment was mine! Like what?? This was extremely unexpected. Was I ready for this?

I think sometimes we get scared to take a leap of faith. We hesitate, we doubt, we retract back to our comfort zone and go through the what ifs. But sometimes God presents you with new adventures that you just have to trust God and get yourself out of that comfort zone. How else are you supposed to grow if you don't get out of your comfort zone every once in a while.

So here I am..

Its been about a week and its been the adventure of figuring out the structure of my new life. I have had moments of okay I can't get this item open and usually I would go ask someone but I had to sit there and work a little bit longer to get it open. So far I have been able to. I have had moments where I want to pinch myself because to be honest I never really dreamed of this day. I had no idea 10 years ago that I would be able to be so independent that I have my dream career and am now living on my own. I am just blown away by how crazy my God is and how I am so happy I serve such a beautiful God that is there through the ups and downs of life but knows the desires of my heart and gets me there. I have also had moments where I have to figure out how to cook and how to be able to cook something on my own. I posted this video the other day showing how I cook pasta and I am going to show how I do certain things in later posts
So here's to a new chapter my fellow readers and here's to more blog posts about the beauty of being independent with CP

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Struggle is Real with Adult CP

 Here is something that frustrates me about the state of California. Basically since I was diagnosed with CP I went to CCS (California Children Services). They provide free occupational and physical therapy until your 21. This is so awesome and I would go twice a week until high school where I would do more check ins because I was becoming more independent and doing so well I did not need it as much. Now I know what your thinking...um Nicole why are you frustrated with this? Well did you noticed I bolded until your 21? This is the issue. Once you turn 21 they are like bye bye good luck with the rest of your life. It has been difficult because you get dropped off and on your own without any recommendations of where to go next in life.  Most of you know that hot yoga has been a life saver for me and has basically become my physical therapy and it has been great until...covid. Due to the shutdown it also caused a shut down of my body because my physical therapy (aka yoga) was tak...

What Does It Mean to Have CP?

You know this month is CP awareness month so I thought it would be fitting to write about what I feel everyday..So here we go When you wake up and get out of bed and think man my leg muscles are tight. When you walk into a store and you get the looks. The looks of curiosity, looks of wow that girl sure walks different, looks that make you feel like you just don't fit in. When you go to pay and you are struggling getting that money or credit card out and you start to blush because you know that cashier or the person behind you is thinking "that poor girl". When you are asked to repeat yourself 2-3 times because that person can't understand you and you just want to say never mind. When you have to buy new shoes more often than normal because you ruined the toe part of your shoe or you have a hole on the bottom due to walking toe-heel instead of heel-toe. When you have to use adaptive tools like a button hook. When you can't open a water bottle or you spill your dr...

So What Did You Do In Kenya?

Jambo!! I am made it back from a life changing trip in Kenya! I will be posting a few blog posts about stories that happened there but first I wanted to give you all an overview/timeline of what I did everyday over there July 7 - We landed at 2 in the morning! As we are all waiting to get our luggage we notice that no new luggage is coming out. Hmmmm what is wrong?? Yeah well all 90  of us lost  our luggage. Our flight out of LAX was delayed which made us have to rush to our next plane in Turkey. The airport personnel decided they did not have time to transfer our luggage to the next plan which ended up for us not getting our luggage. We got like an hour of sleep and then we had to wake up and start our day. We went to pangani which is the main school we worked at. We were greeted and had an opening ceremony from all of the kids. Then we got to take a social worker and walk around the Mathare Valley. We were able to go into one of the shanty's and pray over a sick girl ...