Skip to main content

Off to Kenya!

Wait, how is it already time to get on a plane in less than 48 hours and go to Kenya!

As some of you may know I lived abroad in South Africa for 4 months. When I was there I fell in love with the people. Their joy and love grew my heart so much. I knew that when I left the Lord would bring me back to Africa. How and where I did not know. Until...

One day I was sitting in church and it flashed across the screen that they were advertising mission trips. Then popped up the destination to Kenya. I just knew it was my time to go. I had no travel plans for the summer and I figured what better way than to go to serve others. Sometimes I just get overwhelmed by what God plans for me. If you were to ask me 10 years ago that I will be going on 3 mission trips by myself (not knowing others)I would have said ha! your joking.  But here I am. On this trip, we will be working in schools, making home visits and giving out solar lights, putting on a woman conference for 500 local women, taking the kids on a safari, and going to help build homes in Turkana.

I am not going to lie I am having anxiety and nervousness about this trip. Will I be able to keep up? Will I make a difference? Am I bringing the right amount of clothes? Just so many kind of negative thoughts and I am just praying and trusting the Lord. I have done this before so why am I feeling all of this?

So here I ask you to just pray that the Lord will move mountains. He will keep us safe and healthy with open, loving hearts to serve the people in Kenya.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Struggle is Real with Adult CP

 Here is something that frustrates me about the state of California. Basically since I was diagnosed with CP I went to CCS (California Children Services). They provide free occupational and physical therapy until your 21. This is so awesome and I would go twice a week until high school where I would do more check ins because I was becoming more independent and doing so well I did not need it as much. Now I know what your thinking...um Nicole why are you frustrated with this? Well did you noticed I bolded until your 21? This is the issue. Once you turn 21 they are like bye bye good luck with the rest of your life. It has been difficult because you get dropped off and on your own without any recommendations of where to go next in life.  Most of you know that hot yoga has been a life saver for me and has basically become my physical therapy and it has been great until...covid. Due to the shutdown it also caused a shut down of my body because my physical therapy (aka yoga) was tak...

What Does It Mean to Have CP?

You know this month is CP awareness month so I thought it would be fitting to write about what I feel everyday..So here we go When you wake up and get out of bed and think man my leg muscles are tight. When you walk into a store and you get the looks. The looks of curiosity, looks of wow that girl sure walks different, looks that make you feel like you just don't fit in. When you go to pay and you are struggling getting that money or credit card out and you start to blush because you know that cashier or the person behind you is thinking "that poor girl". When you are asked to repeat yourself 2-3 times because that person can't understand you and you just want to say never mind. When you have to buy new shoes more often than normal because you ruined the toe part of your shoe or you have a hole on the bottom due to walking toe-heel instead of heel-toe. When you have to use adaptive tools like a button hook. When you can't open a water bottle or you spill your dr...

So What Did You Do In Kenya?

Jambo!! I am made it back from a life changing trip in Kenya! I will be posting a few blog posts about stories that happened there but first I wanted to give you all an overview/timeline of what I did everyday over there July 7 - We landed at 2 in the morning! As we are all waiting to get our luggage we notice that no new luggage is coming out. Hmmmm what is wrong?? Yeah well all 90  of us lost  our luggage. Our flight out of LAX was delayed which made us have to rush to our next plane in Turkey. The airport personnel decided they did not have time to transfer our luggage to the next plan which ended up for us not getting our luggage. We got like an hour of sleep and then we had to wake up and start our day. We went to pangani which is the main school we worked at. We were greeted and had an opening ceremony from all of the kids. Then we got to take a social worker and walk around the Mathare Valley. We were able to go into one of the shanty's and pray over a sick girl ...